1. Take measurements
Taking correct measurements is important when ordering made-to-measure door seals. There are three methods to determine the seal measurements.
Three methods to determine measurements
Outside-to-Outside (A size)
Magnet-to-Magnet (B size)
Dart-to-Dart (Centre-to Centre) (C size)
Outside-to-outside (A size) measurements can be applied for all door seals. We advise to take outside-to-outside measurements while the seal it is still fitted in the door or drawer.
For dart type profiles it is possible to measure Dart-to-Dart. In practice this means you measure the inside edge of the slot on one side to the outside edge of the slot on the other side. This equals the Centre-to-Centre measurement or C size.
Magnet-to-Magnet is measured from outside of the seal magnet to outside of the seal magnet and is referred to as B size.
2. Profile selection
Identify the door seal profile by using the cross section of the seal. A cross section of the seal profile can be cut out from the top side of the door seal using scissors or a craft knife. Identify the profile by using our door seal sample kit, the catalog.
If you are unable to find a matching profile, we are there to assist you. Please send us a clear photograph of the cross section via our website, email or WhatsApp. We will answer which profile to use or suggest a suitable alternative.
It is also possible to send a cross section of the old door seal by post along with our order form. The order form can be found here.
Door seal sample kit
We have compiled a professional door seal sample kit for commercial refrigeration engineers. The sample kit contains over 100 of the most commonly used seal / gasket profiles. This sample kit can be ordered via our website.
3. Order Use our online gasket configurator to configure your made-to-measure fridge seal quick and easy.
Before installation – Take the gasket/seal from the box upon receipt.
– Always hold the gasket/seal by its corners to keep the magnetic strip from breaking.
– Lay down the gasket/seal so it can adjust to its ambient temperature
– Wrinkles and creases (through transportation) can be removed by gently warming the seal/gasket with a hairdryer if necessary
– Gently remove the old seal/gasket from the door or drawer
– Clean the door/drawer and the cabinet face. Use a clean cloth and Professional fridge seal cleaner.
– Disinfect the door/drawer and equipment surface with an approved disinfectant. Let it sit for 30 seconds and wipe dry with a clean cloth before placing the new seal/gasket.
Installation – Place the corners of the seal/gasket first followed by the short and long sides, this to keep the seal/gasket from stretching.
– Right after installation magnetic seals/gaskets can have less power of attraction. It can take several weeks for the magnet to reach the right power of attraction.
– If a corner breaks during installation this can be repaired by using superglue.
Check the following if the seal/gasket does not close or seal correctly after installation:
– Check if the correct profile and measurements were ordered.
– Check that the door is not crooked or twisted.
– Does the cabinet face contain a counter magnet?
– Check that the seal/gasket is not wrenched on the hinge side. If yes, put the door without hinges against the refrigerator, then re-install the hinges.